Orientation isn’t just for students—parents and family members play a crucial role in the success of college students. We invite you to participate in Parent and Family IntroDUCKtion, a program designed to help you become familiar with resources for families, and guide you through your student’s orientation and transition process.
Each in-person IntroDUCKtion session for first-year students includes a concurrent program for parents, families, and other supporters of new Ducks. Topics covered during the Parent and Family IntroDUCKtion program include:
- Supporting your student from afar
- Parent and Family Programs
- Fall move-in and Week of Welcome
- Understanding the UO degree
- Academic support services
- First-Year Programs
- University Housing
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Business Affairs
- Getting involved
- And more!
- Thursday–Friday, June 23–24
- Monday–Tuesday, June 27–28
- Thursday–Friday, June 30–July 1
- Friday–Saturday, July 8–9 (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Friday–Saturday, July 15–16 (Chicago, Illinois)
- Friday–Saturday, July 15–16 (Washington, DC)
- Thursday–Friday, July 28–29
- Sunday–Monday, July 31–August 1
- Thursday–Friday, August 4–5
- Monday–Tuesday, August 8–9
- Thursday–Friday, August 11–12
- Monday–Tuesday, August 15–16
- Thursday–Friday, August 18–19
- Monday–Tuesday, August 22–23
- Thursday–Friday, August 25–26
- Monday–Tuesday, August 29–30
Registration and Cost
When your student registers for their in-person IntroDUCKtion session, they can register one guest at no extra cost. Additional guests can be added at the time the student registers, or on site. The fee for additional guests is $125.
Find more information on costs and refunds.
Have More Questions?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us your general questions at 541-346-1159. These get answered during normal business hours.
Parents and family are also encouraged to text Cora Bennett, director of Student Orientation Programs, at 541-346-1142 or email her at email@example.com.