Orientation isn’t just for students—parents and family members play a crucial role in the success of college students. We invite you to participate in Parent and Family IntroDUCKtion, a program designed to help you become familiar with resources for families and guide you through your student’s orientation and transition process.
Each in-person IntroDUCKtion session for first-year students includes a concurrent program for parents, families, and other supporters of new Ducks. Topics covered during the Parent and Family IntroDUCKtion program include:
- Supporting your student from afar
- Parent and Family Programs
- Fall move-in and Week of Welcome
- Understanding the UO degree
- Academic support services
- First-Year Programs
- University Housing
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Business Affairs
- Getting involved
- And more!
If you are the parent, family member, or spouse of an incoming transfer student, please check the Transfer IntroDUCKtion webpage for more information.
In-Person Dates for Summer 2023
- Monday–Tuesday, June 26–27
- Thursday–Friday, June 29–30
- Wednesday–Thursday, July 5–6
- Friday–Saturday, July 7–8
- Monday–Tuesday, July 10–11
- Thursday–Friday, July 13–14
- Monday–Tuesday, July 17–18 (Washington, DC)
- Friday–Saturday, July 21–22 (Chicago, Illinois)
- Thursday–Friday, July 27–28
- Monday–Tuesday, July 31–August 1
- Thursday–Friday, August 3–4
- Monday–Tuesday, August 7–8
- Thursday–Friday, August 10–11
- Monday–Tuesday, August 14–15
- Thursday–Friday, August 17–18
- Monday–Tuesday, August 21–22
- Friday–Saturday, August 25–26 (Honolulu, Hawaii)
In addition to the on-campus sessions, we are hosting IntroDUCKtion sessions this summer in three off-site locations around the US. Please visit our Off-Site IntroDUCKtion page for more details.
Registration and Cost
Registration for in-person IntroDUCKtion sessions will open on Monday, May 1, 2023, at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time. Students will complete their orientation registration through their admitted student portal.
As you and your student are planning details around orientation, please do not book travel and overnight accommodations until your student has completed and received confirmation for their IntroDUCKtion session.
When your student registers for their in-person IntroDUCKtion session, their orientation fee includes one parent or family member at no extra cost. Additional guests can be added at the time the student registers, or at program check-in on-site. The fee for additional guests is $125.
Find more information on costs and refunds.
Please note that all parents and family members attending as guests during the Parent and Family IntroDUCKtion program are required to find their own off-campus accommodations for the program. This also includes any parents or supporters who are not attending the Parent and Family IntroDUCKtion program, but are in town while their student is attending IntroDUCKtion.
Have More Questions?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us your general questions at 541-346-1159. These get answered during normal business hours.
Purchase Additional UO Family Calendars
The UO Family Calendar is a great way to stay up to date on deadlines and events happening for your student during the academic year. Families and supporters of incoming students receive this calendar at IntroDUCKtion.
Additional calendars are available for purchase at $10 each with free shipping (domestic shipping only).
Please select “Relaunch Form” when on the UO Ecommerce website.