University Requirements for New Students
Getting started at the UO requires several more critical steps that you should do before you start classes your first term. Some of these steps are required to maintain your enrollment eligibility, some are required for everyday life at the UO, and other steps make things a bit easier but are optional.
We know this is a big list. Please let us know how we can help.
Do These Now:
- Claim your Duck ID. You’ll need your UO ID number and and admission application email to choose your Duck ID and password. Your Duck ID is your login credentials for most UO computing systems and the first part of your @uoregon.edu email address.
- Set up your DUO two-step authentication. You’ll want to have your mobile device nearby, but you can do this immediately after setting up your Duck ID.
- Register for University Housing. The UO requires first-year students to live on campus their first year. When you submit your registration for Housing you will indicate some of preferences and your meal plan. Roommate matching will take place in June and room selection will take place in July. Students wishing to be exempt from the live-on requirement must also complete the registration process and follow the prompts to request an exemption.
- Take your placements. We strongly urge all new first-year students to complete the math placement prior to their academic advising appointment. You may also need to complete a language placement if you’re planning to continue language study.
Do This Every Day:
- Read your @uoregon.edu email with attention and take action when required. We can’t emphasize this enough. Go to UOMail and login with your full @uoregon.edu address and your Duck ID password. To change your password, go to duckid.uoregon.edu.
Do These Before In-Person IntroDUCKtion:
- Submit your final transcripts. Submit these to the Office of Admissions. This the final piece to your admission file.
- Submit your photo for your UO ID Card. You’ll need to log in to the UO Card Office’s portal to submit a photo of yourself and a photo of your government issued ID. We will have your card ready at your in-person IntroDUCKtion session (on-campus sessions only) if your submission is successful.
Do These Before September 26:
- Submit your vaccination records. Be sure to obtain and submit a digital copy of your records online. You will need to use your Duck ID and password to log in to the website. Once you are logged in, click on the "Upload" tab, and upload your document. This is required to maintain your enrollment eligibility for future terms.
- Accept the “Terms and Conditions.” Log on to DuckWeb with your UO ID number and Personal Access Code (PAC) and click on "Student Menu.” From there, under Business Affairs/Student Billing click on “Billing Account Terms and Conditions,” read them carefully and check that you accept the terms of your financial relationship with the university. This is required to maintain your enrollment eligibility for future terms.
- Download Navigate Student. This is the best way to make advising appointments and communicate with your academic advisor throughout your time at the UO.
- Enroll in UO Alert. UO Alerts text messages are sent to students, faculty, and staff who have registered personal mobile devices via DuckWeb. Once logged into DuckWeb, click on the “Personal Information” tab, and the follow the links to “personal information application.”