IntroDUCKtion is our orientation program that is required for all incoming transfer students. During IntroDUCKtion, you’ll learn what it means to be a Duck and what it takes to be successful.
We will offer a hybrid model for our 2021 Transfer IntroDUCKtion. Over the summer, we will offer remote/online required programs and activities, and in September, we will offer transfer-specific in-person activities.
Fall 2021 Transfer students will be required to first*:
And then do the following in any order**:
- Participate in a live IntroDUCKtion webinar
- Complete the online advising preparation module open now!
- Watch and reflect on several Interest Sessions and Faculty Perspectives coming soon!
- Complete remote individual academic advising appointment and registration for fall classes when you’re eligible
We will also offer a rich set of optional remote programs this summer specifically designed for transfer students and we will email you about these opportunities throughout the summer.
AVAILABLE LIVE WEBINARS
- Monday, July 19, 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. PDT
- Friday, July 30, 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. PDT
- Friday, August 13, 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. PDT
- Friday, August 27, 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. PDT
- Monday, September 20 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. PDT
*If you complete the first two steps prior to June 18, 2021, you will be eligible for advising and registration before July 6, 2021. If you complete those steps after June 18, 2021, you will be eligible for advising and registration beginning on July 6, 2021.
**These requirements can be completed in any order but in order to be eligible for advising and registration you must first register for IntroDUCKtion and claim your DuckID.
Connect with Current Transfer Students
Virtual Transfer Student Hangouts
Before fall term begins, we want to connect you with other fellow transfer students, current transfer students and some of the experts at the UO that provide support services for transfer and non-traditional students.
- Virtual Transfer Student Hangout #1: Creating Community
Friday, July 23, 6:00–7:00 p.m. PDT
Learn about the ways transfer and non-traditional students find community on campus.
- Virtual Transfer Student Hangout #2: Oregon Trivia
Saturday, August 7, 11:00 a.m.–Noon PDT
Get ready to test your trivia about the University of Oregon and become acquainted with some of the traditions of being a Duck.
- Virtual Transfer Student Hangout #3: Game Night!
Wednesday, August 18, 6:00–7:00 p.m. PDT
Enjoy a variety of virtual games and compete for some Oregon Ducks gear.
- Virtual Transfer Student Hangout #4: Get Ready to Migrate!
Friday, September 10, 2:00–3:00 p.m. PDT
Bring questions you may have about your transition to the University of Oregon. We will also highlight some next steps to keep in mind before youe first day of classes.
Meet with a Current UO Transfer Student Via Zoom
Transfer and non-traditional students can meet with a current transfer student to get their questions answered about the campus experience.