Week of Welcome 2021 will be special indeed – as we look to provide a very special “welcome back” to the Class of 2024 and an amazing first-year kickoff to the Class of 2025 and our transfer students.
Week of Welcome will be September 23-26. Parents and family members, please refer to families.uoregon.edu/wow for events specifically for you.
Thursday, September 23
- Unpack the Quack: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. – That’s move-in. Refer to University Housing for questions about move-in. Some programs such as Oregon Marching Band, Clark Honors College, and some Academic Residential Communities have earlier move-in dates. Please discuss those dates with contacts in those areas for more information.
- Welcome Party and Prize Drawings: 11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. – EMU Amphitheater — Play games, win prizes, and learn about some of the amazing resources available to all UO students through the Office of the Dean of Students. Featured groups include the Women's Center, IMPACT, Nontraditional Student Union, Holden Center for Leadership and Community Engagement, LGBT+ Education and Support Services, Sexual Violence Prevention and Education, Substance Abuse Prevention and Education, Lyllye Reynolds-Parker Black Cultural Center, and the Men's Resource Center.
- Walk to Autzen and Class Photo (Class of 2024): 5:30–6:45 p.m. – Class of 2024, it’s your time to shine. Grab your class shirt and see your whole class in one place creating a photo for the ages. Arrive at the Erb Memorial Union Green between 5:00–5:30 p.m. The last group will leave promptly at 5:30 p.m. so please arrive before then. Note: If you are living off campus, please park in the Autzen Stadium east parking lot near Pape Field. Staff will greet you at the south gate entrance to get you to your destination for the class photo.
- (Times Updated) Walk to Autzen and Class Photo (Class of 2025): 6:30–8:00 p.m. – Grab your class shirt and see your whole class in one place creating a photo for the ages. Sync up with your RA between 6:30–7:00 p.m. in your residence hall to make the walk over to Autzen for your class photo. The last group will leave promptly at 7:00 p.m. Note: If you are living off campus, please park in the Autzen Stadium east parking lot near Pape Field. Staff will greet you at the south gate entrance to get you to your destination for the class photo.
- Live Like a Duck: 8:30–9:30 p.m. – Meeting led by resident assistants. Get to know your resident assistants, your community, and learn about expectations and resources to get a great start to living on campus. In your residence hall either in person or virtual. Ask your RA for more information.
- Movie on the Lawn, featuring Space Jam 2: A New Legacy: 10:00 p.m.–midnight – After your class photo, join us back on campus for a movie and treats on the lawn at Global Scholars Hall.
Friday, September 24
- College Block: 9:00 a.m.–noon – Erb Memorial Union Green – Explore majors, minors, certificates, and other academic opportunities from all of the university’s undergraduate schools and colleges.
- First-Year Interest Groups (FIGs) Welcome Meetings: 9:00–11:00 a.m. – Meet your FIG faculty, FIG assistant, and fellow FIG students before classes begin during this mandatory FIG meeting. Check fyp.uoregon.edu/FIG-Friday for your scheduled meeting time and location.
- Campus Life Interest Sessions: 1:15–4:00 p.m. – Erb Memorial Union and Straub Hall – Come meet and hear from university partners including Fraternity and Sorority Life, Counseling Services, University Health Services, Study Abroad, and more.
- Flock Party: 2:00–5:00 p.m. – Erb Memorial Union Green – Get connected to student clubs and activities on campus. From academic based to social, large and small, discussion and events—there is a club or activity for everyone.
- Campus Tour: 2:15–3:15 p.m. – Erb Memorial Union O Desk – A 60-minute guided tour led by a current student ambassador. Includes academics, student involvement, and dining.
- Campus Tour: 3:15–4:15 p.m. – Erb Memorial Union O Desk – A 60-minute guided tour led by a current student ambassador. Includes academics, student involvement, and dining.
- UO Chants and Traditions: 6:30–7:00 p.m. – Erb Memorial Union Amphitheater – Transfer student specific event. Come meet up with our Transfer Team and learn about all of the greatest UO traditions!
- We Are Oregon: 7:30–8:30 p.m. – Hayward Field – We’ll celebrate Duck athletics, meet coaches and players, and learn about our Duck traditions.
- Parade: 8:30 p.m. – Hayward Field to the Student Recreation Center – Time to show us your Duck spirit! Join the marching band as we head over to an evening of fun activities at Duck N2 the Rec.
- Duck N2 the Rec: 9:00–11:00 p.m. – The Student Recreation Center hosts an all-access night with contests, fitness, games, exhibitions, giveaways, and more!
Saturday, September 25
- Campus Tour: 11:00 a.m.–noon – Erb Memorial Union Amphitheater – A 60-minute guided tour led by a current student ambassador. Includes academics, student involvement, and dining.
- Campus Tour: 1:00–2:00 p.m. – Erb Memorial Union Amphitheater – A 60-minute guided tour led by a current student ambassador. Includes academics, student involvement, and dining.
- Carson’s Cheesy Grillers Party: 2:30-4:30 p.m. – Carson Dining – Before the game, grab a friend and head for Carson Dining on campus for grilled cheese, tater tots, and a drink. Stay around to play games with friends, learn how to get involved, and win some fantastic prizes! (This event costs 3 points for students with a meal plan or $6.25 if you don't have a meal plan.)
Sunday, September 26
- Transferring Home — Welcome to the UO: noon–2:00 p.m. – Erb Memorial Union Ballroom – Transfer student specific event. Spend time getting to know more about the UO and transfer-specific opportunities. Meet and hear from campus partners and socialize with other incoming transfer students.
- Find Your Classes: 3:00–5:30 p.m. – Erb Memorial Union Amphitheater – Walking into the wrong class on your first day happens… but it doesn’t have to. We’ll help you look and feel like an expert on your first day of classes.
- Learn Like a Duck: Between 6:00–9:00 p.m. – Community director-led virtual meeting. Log on with your roommate(s) (one computer per room). Get to know your community director, academic partners, and ways to get involved in your community. Check MyHousing and your UO email for the time and the Zoom link to log on.
- Rest up! – September 27 is the first day of classes!
For information specifically around event locations, please keep an eye on the UO events calendar for more information as we approach WOW.