Please wait to make travel arrangements until you have received your confirmation email after registering for orientation on DuckWeb. Unfortunately, we are unable to change your registration to accomodate previously made travel plans. For instance, we cannot add you to a full session even if you’ve made flight reservations before attempting to register.
Parking is available for students participating in our IntroDUCKtion program at parking lots 46, 52, 53, 54, and 59. A parking pass is required. Parking passes will be distributed at each parking lot once you arrive.
Students attending a two-day summer IntroDUCKtion session are required to stay overnight in an on-campus residence hall. The orientation fee includes costs associated with the overnight stay in the residence hall. On-campus housing is not offered during one-day sessions.
If students would like to arrive the night before the session begins, they may do so, but they will need to register for two nights during the IntroDUCKtion registration process. For early arrivals, housing check-in is from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m at the Housing Service Center at the Living-Learning Center (LLC) the evening before the session begins. For one-night stays, housing check-in is incorportated as a part of the first day of session.
Students are assigned to their residence hall rooms when they check in. Students will room with another student of the same gender, unless they choose the gender-inclusive option; this can be selected when they arrive on campus. In order to accommodate all housing requests, we do not offer single rooms. Each room has two twin-sized beds, desks with chairs, and closets. We do not offer air conditioned rooms, but summer nights in Eugene are typically comfortable. Each floor has shared community restrooms and showers. Bed linens and towels are provided, and beds are made on arrival. Parents and family members are not permitted to stay in the residence halls; we encourage you to check out our hotel partners. If you have an accessibility need, please let us know at 541-346-1159.
For more information regarding accommodations, please visit our Accommodations at IntroDUCKtion page.
Parents and family members are invited to stay with our hotel partners:
- Recommended Eugene hotels:
For other lodging options, contact Travel Lane County's Eugene, Cascades and Coast at 800-547-5445.
- Day 1 breakfast consists of a light continental breakfast, coffee, and tea provided to students and guests at the opening session. Gluten-free options are available. This meal is included in the orientation fee.
- Day 1 lunch consists of sandwiches, pasta, chips, and cookies provided with a meal ticket, which is given to students and guests at check-in that morning. Additional lunch tickets may be purchased on-site for $10. Gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options are available. This meal is included in the orientation fee.
- Day 1 dinner is in Carson Dining and is all-you-care-to-eat. Participants are invited to dinner in rotations based on the student's Flock number. This meal is included in the orientation fee.
- After dinner parents and guests are invited to a no-host social in the Erb Memorial Union at the Falling Sky Pizzeria & Public House. No formal programming is scheduled. This is an opportunity for parents and guests to connect with one another. Students will receive a late-night snack at Rec Nights which is included in the orientation fee.
- Day 2 breakfast consists of a light continental breakfast, coffee, and tea provided to students at 8:30 at the opening session in the Rec Center, and to parents at 9:00 in their opening meeting. This meal is included in the orientation fee.
- Day 2 lunch is on your own. We invite you to explore Carson Dining or one of our EMU food vendors.
- Breakfast consists of a light continental breakfast, coffee, and tea provided to students and guests at the opening session. Gluten-free options are available. This meal is included in the orientation fee.
- Lunch is on your own. We invite you to explore any of our residence hall dining venues using your Meal Voucher that you will receive during IntroDUCKtion.
The Eugene Airport, conveniently located approximately ten miles from downtown and campus, is serviced by Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American Airlines, Delta, United Airlines, and flights connecting from any number of major airlines. For Eugene Airport information, call (541) 682-5544 or visit the Eugene Airport website. Additionally, check out Eugene Airport's ground transportation webpage to get to campus once you've landed. It provides suggestions for taxis, rental cars, and Omni Shuttle.
Some visitors choose to fly into Portland and drive two hours south to Eugene. Groome Transportation brings visitors from the airport to UO's campus. Portland International Airport's ground transportation webpage is another great resource.
Train, Bus, or Shuttle
- Amtrak: 800-872-7245
- Bolt Bus: 1-877-BOLTBUS
- Greyhound-Trailways, Eugene: 541-344-6265
- Lane Transit District (Eugene's bus system): 541-687-5555
- From the Eugene Airport: Follow Highway 99 until it becomes Seventh Avenue. Get in the right lane and follow Seventh Avenue until it becomes Franklin Boulevard. Get in the right lane and follow Franklin Boulevard to Agate Street. Turn right onto Agate Street.
- From Portland and north: From Interstate 5 South, take Exit 194B. Take Exit 2, keep left, and follow the signs to the UO. Proceed in the left lane over the Ferry Street Bridge, exiting onto Broadway, which becomes Franklin Boulevard. Follow Franklin Boulevard to Agate Street. Turn right onto Agate Street.
- From Ashland and south: From Interstate 5 North, take Exit 191. Turn right onto Glenwood Boulevard, then turn left onto Franklin Boulevard. Stay in the left lane and follow Franklin Boulevard through three lights. Look for a "UO Next Left" sign as you drive west on Franklin Boulevard. At the fourth light, turn left onto East 13th Avenue.
- From the Oregon coast: Take Highway 126 East until it becomes West Eleventh Avenue. Follow West Eleventh Avenue to Garfield Street and turn left. Take Garfield to 7th Avenue and turn right. Get in the right lane and follow 7th Avenue until it becomes Franklin Boulevard. Turn right onto Agate Street.