Due to the university’s response for reducing the spread of COVID-19, spring and summer term will be remote for all UO students. To follow the ruling of the university as well as the executive order from Governor Kate Brown, all Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion sessions will now be virtual. All programming that would normally take place in person will be transitioned to being online and held virtually on Zoom.
2020 Summer Term Session
Students who plan to start classes in summer term are required to register for this IntroDUCKtion session:
- Thursday, June 11, from 9:00 a.m.–noon
To register for this session, login to DuckWeb, open the Admissions menu, and select "Register for Orientation and FIGs." You will be guided through the registration process through on-screen prompts. If you need help, view a step-by-step tutorial. There will be no orientation fee assessed when registering for this program.
Advising Next Steps
Starting Tuesday, June 16, academic advisors from your major department will begin reaching out to you to schedule a one-on-one advising session. In order to prepare for your advising session, please:
- Claim your DuckID. Your DuckID is your computing account at the UO and provides you with UO email, access to wireless internet on campus, Canvas, and so much more.
- Download the Navigate app.
- Take your placement assessments. Take the required math placement assessment and the optional second-language placement assessment before your advising session.
- Review your major department’s information in the Catalog. If you are exploring, be sure to look at the Flight Paths to see if your interests and career goals align with a Flight Path.
- Complete your mandatory Academic Advising Prep Module (more information will be provided via email).
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text us at 541-346-1159.