Get Ready for Fall
Welcome and congratulations on your admission to the University of Oregon! We’re excited to announce that some components of freshman IntroDUCKtion, our orientation for new students, will be offered in person this summer!
We’re still working through the schedule details for each in-person session, but you can expect to explore campus and parts of Eugene, meet other new Ducks, meet and learn from current Ducks who will share critical tips and tricks for success, learn about important resources, and understand what it means to be Duck in and out of the classroom.
Students will be required to attend an in-person session as part of the IntroDUCKtion requirements. Space is limited for each session and we cannot put you into a full session. We encourage you to consider several date options that fit in your summer schedule in case spaces fill in your first choice before you register. Registration will open in the admissions portal starting on Monday, May 3, at 8:00 a.m. Pacific time.
Saturday, July 10
Tuesday, July 13
Thursday, July 15
Saturday, July 17
Tuesday, July 20
Thursday, July 22
Saturday, July 24
Thursday, July 29
Saturday, July 31
Tuesday, August 3
Thursday, August 5
Saturday, August 7
Tuesday, August 10
Thursday, August 12
Tuesday, August 17
Thursday, August 19
Saturday, August 21
Tuesday, August 24
Thursday, August 26
Saturday, August 28
Tuesday, August 31
We may offer dates in September and we are still determining our options. Please note, space will be limited in those sessions as well.
At this time, in-person sessions are open to students only. We understand parents, family members, and other supporters of new Ducks may travel to Eugene. We will provide resources and information to those supporters who arrive at check-in with their student.
Housing for In-Person Sessions
In July and August, students may opt to stay up to two nights in University Housing for their in-person session. All rooms will be double occupancy and assigned during check-in. Students who opt to stay in the residence halls will be required to submit one of the following prior to receiving keys to a room:
- Attestation of being fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to the start of their scheduled IntroDUCKtion; OR
- A negative PCR test within 72 hours of arriving in Eugene.
Information About Remote Requirements
Students will complete several components remotely through the 2021 Community page for new students and Zoom. While precise details are still in progress, you can expect to complete the following remotely:
- Preparation for your advising appointment
- Major-specific academic advising
- Course registration
- Faculty Perspectives and reflections
- Interest Sessions and reflections
- Academic Integrity module
- PhotoID submission
- Register for IntroDUCKtion
- Claim Your DuckID – Your DuckID is your username for access to UO wifi, your uoregon Zoom account, and your community.uoregon.edu account. You’ll use it to login to tons of UO systems and it is required to move through all required IntroDUCKtion steps. Your DuckID is also the first part of your @uoregon.edu email address.
- Check Your UOMail Daily – We’ll be sending you information routinely to your @uoregon.edu account and it’s the official means of communication between the university and you. You’ll need your DuckID password to check your UOMail.
- Review FIG Information starting on May 17 – First-Year Interest Groups are clusters of classes first-year students can take in fall term. These can be a fantastic way to explore areas of study, make friends, and connect with faculty in your first term! Registration begins June 1.
- Create your roommate profile for Fall Housing – You can do this in your My Housing portal.
- Complete any steps from May
- Send your final high school transcript - We must receive your final high school transcript that shows the date you earned your diploma in order to complete your admission file.
- Ensure the UO is listed on any AP or IB tests you’ve taken – We’ll want to receive your scores before your advising appointment so we can articulate credits you’ve earned.
- FIG registration opens June 1 – you’ll need your UOID number (it starts with 95) and your Personal Access Code (PAC) to register for a FIG on DuckWeb. Registration for FIGs closes on June 18.
- Log on to your Community page – Your community page will be where you complete most of your remote IntroDUCKtion requirements like the Academic Advising module, Interest Session reflections, Faculty Perspectives reflections, and the academic integrity module.
- Complete the Academic Advising module – the advising module opens on June 1.
- Complete your Placements – all students are expected to take the math placement be eligible for academic advising and registration. Students may need to take second-language and/or chemistry placements based on their major. Chemistry, Spanish, German, and French placements are available online. Students wishing to take the Chinese, Japanese and Korean placements can learn more by emailing the Testing Center.
- Upload your Selfie! – with your DuckID and password, you can submit your selfie and a photo of approved government-issued photo ID for your UO ID Card. Your UO ID Card is your bus pass, meal card, library card, your ticket to sporting events, and so much more. If you experience difficulties, please email ID Card Services. Submit your selfie and documentation at least two weeks prior to your in-person session; ID cards will not be mailed.
- Roommate browsing and requests are happening in June!
- Academic Advising will begin for students who have done all of the following by June 30: registered for an in-person IntroDUCKtion session; claimed their DuckID; completed placements; and completed the advising module. You will receive an email invitation to your @uoregon.edu email from your major department to schedule your advising appointment. Students who haven’t completed these requirements will be invited to schedule an appointment after they do so. Advising appointments are based on advisor availability and will continue for several weeks. Please note: you do not have to attend your in-person session before you get advising but you must be registered for an in-person session.
- Download the Navigate App – Download Navigate after you’ve been invited to schedule your advising appointment. You will need to use your DuckID and password to login.
- Attend your scheduled in-person session – We’re so excited to see you in-person!
- Begin to complete your required reflections – We will begin to post pre-recorded videos of Interest Sessions and Faculty Perspectives on your Community page for you to choose from. You will need to submit a short reflection for each that you choose.
- Housing room selection is happening in July! – check your My Housing portal for your assigned date and time.
- July 31 is the last day to make changes to your room selection, or to file an exemption to the live-on requirement
- If you are not signed up for your Academic Advising appointment, you should do so now – academic advising will be paused at the end of August and not available again until mid-September. Students are eligible for advising once they: are registered for an in-person IntroDUCKtion session; have claimed their DuckID; have completed placements; and have completed the advising module.
- Complete the Academic Integrity Module – this is required for all students and can be completed in your Community page. We will post the module in early August.
- Submit Your Immunization Records – Be sure to obtain and submit a digital copy of your required immunization records online. You can also upload your medical insurance information. Log into your myUOHealth account with your Duck ID, click on the "Upload" tab, and upload your document.
- Accept Your Billing Account Terms and Conditions - Accept the terms and conditions of your financial relationship with the university. Log in to DuckWeb, open the Student Menu, select “Billing Account Terms and Conditions,” read the agreement, check the box to agree, and select “Save.”
- Enroll in Two-Step Login with DUO Security – required for all students, we recommend you do this before September 1. After that, you will not be able to log into UO systems like your My Housing portal, your Community page, UO wifi, or any other system that requires your DuckID.