Our primary goal is to introduce new students and their families to the resources that help create smooth transitions to the university. SOSers provide a welcoming and engaging atmosphere through small group facilitation and activities designed to answer the questions of incoming students, and get them in touch with their community here at the UO.
- The application will be posted on Handshake and on the Orientation website by December 7, 2020.
- The application deadline is January 18, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
- You will receive an email with notice of your application decision within two weeks of the deadline.
- Applicants who are cleared after the initial application will go through a group interview process.
- The final stage will be an individual interview. Decisions for the 2021 staff will be made by the end of spring term.
Qualified applicants are undergraduate students who are enrolled in a minimum of 8 academic credits, and are well-rounded individuals who can speak to their experiences in multiple areas of campus life. Strong candidates will typically:
- Have leadership skills and applicable experiences.
- Have been involved in various aspects of student life, such as clubs, organizations, cultural groups, work-study, research, student government, etc.
- Have familiarity with various academic and student resources on campus.
- Be confident in their abilities to effectively present the positive attributes of the University of Oregon.
SOSers will receive a $300 stipend upon the completion of their training, and then make $12.83 per hour for all work that follows.
There is required training for SOSers during the spring term prior to employment. Attendance is mandatory at these trainings.