The primary goal of and SOSer is to introduce new students and their families to the resources that help create smooth transitions to the university. SOSers provide a welcoming and engaging atmosphere through small group facilitation and activities designed to answer the questions of incoming students and get them in touch with their community here at the UO.
- Complete the online application before January 24, 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
- If completed by January 13, 2020, you will be eligible for our priority deadline, allowing for early access to group interview registration.
- You will receive an email with notice of your application decision within two weeks of the nearest deadline (priority or final).
Qualified applicants are undergraduate students, carry a minimum of 8 academic credits, and are well-rounded individuals who can speak to their experiences in multiple areas of campus life. Strong candidates will typically:
- Have leadership skills and applicable experiences.
- Have been involved in various aspects of student life, such as clubs, organizations, cultural groups, work-study, research, student government.
- Have familiarity with various academic and student resources on campus.
- Be confident in their abilities to effectively present the positive attributes of the University of Oregon.
SOSers will make around $2,500 before taxes, on average.
There is required training for SOSers during the spring term prior to employment. Attendance is mandatory at these trainings.