Summer 2017 dates will be released in February.
To view more information about each program, including a schedule, follow the link in the sidebar. If you are a student admitted for winter, spring, or summer term, see our Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion webpage.
- Freshman and transfer students admitted for winter term: Friday, December 2, 2016, and Friday, January 6, 2017
- Registration is closed. This event has already taken place.
- Freshman and transfer students admitted for spring term: Friday, March 17, 2017
- Registration opens January 9, 2017.
- Freshman and transfer students admitted for summer term: Friday, June 9, 2017
- Registration opens March 27, 2017.
Both Transfer and Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion sessions listed above end at 4:00 p.m.
Please do not plan to leave the session prior to 4:00 p.m.
Past Summer Dates:
IntroDUCKtion for Freshman and Transfer Students
admitted for fall term
- Session 1: July 11–12*
- Session 2: July 14–15*
- Session 3: July 17–18*
- Session 4: July 21–22* (spots available for Honors College students)
- Session 5: July 25–26* (spots available for PathwayOregon recipients and Honors College students)
- Session 6: July 28–29 (spots available for PathwayOregon recipients)
- Session 7: August 1–2 (spots available for PathwayOregon recipients)
- Session 8: August 4–5 (spots available for PathwayOregon recipients)
IntroDUCKtion sessions listed above are a full two days. Please do not plan your travel home prior to 5:00 p.m. on the second day.
* Students admitted to the Robert D. Clark Honors College (CHC) should plan to attend the CHC-specific IntroDUCKtion sessions 1–5. Capacity displayed in the bar graphs above do not reflect CHC student capacity for each session.
IntroDUCKtion for Transfer Students Only
admitted for the 2017-2018 fall term
- Session 1: Friday, June 9, 2017
- Session 2: Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Session 3: Thursday, July 27, 2017
There is no capacity limitation on one-day transfer sessions.
- IntroDUCKtion in Honolulu for Hawai'i residents: Saturday, August 12, 2017 (learn more about this event)
Registration for summer IntroDUCKtion sessions opens at 8:00 a.m. PDT on Sunday, May 1, 2016. To sign up, visit DuckWeb and log in. DuckWeb is the same online system you used to apply to the UO. Once you have logged in, click on the Admissions Menu and select “Register for Orientation and FIGs.” You will be guided through the registration process. If you need help, view a step-by-step tutorial.
|Two-day program fee:||$280*||Applies to: IntroDUCKtion and September IntroDUCKtion||This fee includes one parent or family member, up to two nights in housing for the student (summer sessions only), some meals, and all staff and program related costs.|
|One-day program fee:||$195||Applies to: IntroDUCKtion (transfers only) and all Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion sessions||This fee includes staffing and program related costs, materials, and some meals.|
|Off-site program fee:||$280||Applies to all off-site IntroDUCKtion sessions||This fee includes one parent or family member, staffing and program related costs, materials, and some meals.|
|Add'l parent/guest:||$95||Applies to all two-day IntroDUCKtion and off-site IntroDUCKtion sessions||This fee includes staffing and program related costs, some meals related to the Parent and Family Program.|
*PathwayOregon award recipients will not be charged a fee for the two-day IntroDUCKtion program. All other fees will apply.
All students who attend a two-day IntroDUCKtion session are required to stay in the on-campus residence halls for a minimum of one night; students may opt for two nights at no additional cost. Parents and family members are not permitted to stay in the residence halls; we encourage you to check out our hotel partners.
For two-day sessions, the fee includes one parent or guest to attend the concurrent Parent & Family IntroDUCKtion session. Additional parents and family members may be added at the time of registration for an extra cost of $95 per guest. This fee is only added if you select an additional guest during the registration process.
All payments must be made online during registration. If you forgot something during your initial reservation, you will not be able to go back and change it on DuckWeb. To add an additional guest to the Parent and Family Program, you may send a check or money order in the amount of $95 to our office; please include the student’s UO ID number on all correspondence. We do not take credit card payments by phone, fax, e-mail, or mail. Our mailing address is:
Student Orientation Programs
5263 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403
Parents and family members are not permitted to stay in the residence halls; we encourage you to check out our hotel partners.
A request for refund for session cancellation will be handled as follows:
- Cancellation by 5:00 p.m. PDT 30 calendar days prior to registered session: 100% refund
- Cancellation by 5:00 p.m. PDT 7 calendar days before registered session: 50% refund
- Cancellation less than 7 calendar days prior to registered session: no refund
Refunds for credit card payments are processed within one week of approval of the refund and are made to the credit card used to pay for the fees. Refunds for e-check payments are processed in September after all orientation sessions have concluded. Processing takes approximately four to six weeks and will appear as a credit on the student’s first billing statement. Refunds include the orientation fee only. To receive a refund for the Advance Tuition Deposit, please email UOadmit@uoregon.edu. To receive a refund from UO Housing, please email email@example.com.