- Let your student take the lead. Preparing for orientation is your student’s first step in creating their college experience, so let them hold the reins. They have their own checklist to complete, which you can find here, just in case you want to help them stay on track.
- Register. Check in with your student before they register for IntroDUCKtion and make sure you know how many family members plan to come along. One guest registration is included in the student’s IntroDUCKtion cost, and additional family members can attend for $95 each. If your student already registered and you need to add an additional parent or guest, you may send a check for $95 to the address below:Student Orientation Programs
5263 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5263
- Plan travel. When planning your trip, please keep the following in mind: IntroDUCKtion check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. on the first day of the program and the program ends at 5:00 p.m. on the second day. One day programs are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Find lodging. Student stay in the on-campus residence halls during IntroDUCKtion. For parent and family accommodations, we recommend either the Best Western or the Hilton—both are easily accessible from campus.
- Parking. Your student’s confirmation letter contains a parking map and a parking pass which is valid at on-campus lots 46, 52, 53, 54, or 59. Click here to see an online parking map.
- Learn about parent and family programs. We offer programs and resources for all parents and family. You can choose simply to provide your contact information so we can share UO news with you, or you can join the Parent and Family Association.
- Plan your packing list. We recommend bringing clothes you’ll feel comfortable moving around in, a reusable water bottle, and layers—Oregon weather is notoriously fickle, so come prepared for rain and shine (maybe in the same day).
- Bring your questions. Parent and Family IntroDUCKtion is the time to get all of your questions answered. Your student will be engaged in their own program, so you will have time to ask about logistics, campus safety, and general student life. We are here to help you, and you can ask us anything.