We offer Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion sessions for students whose first term will be winter, spring, or summer. Additionally, we offer a session during the spring for transfer students entering in the fall. Freshmen admitted for fall term must attend one of the summer IntroDUCKtion sessions.
To register for a Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion session, log in to DuckWeb, click on the Admissions Menu and select “Register for Orientation.” You will be guided through the registration process. If you need help, view a step-by-step tutorial.
Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion for summer admits and transfer students admitted for fall term is on Friday, June 8, 2018.
- Check-in for the session will be at the EMU Ballroom Lobby beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- The opening session will begin at 8:30 a.m.
- The session will end at 4:00 p.m. Students should not expect to leave before 4:00 p.m.
If the credits you are transferring do not reflect your skill in math or a second language, you may need to take a placement test. Talk to your academic advisor about this during your advising appointment. All freshmen are expected to take the math placement test online prior to orientation. Learn more about placement tests.
What to Expect
IntroDUCKtion is the University of Oregon's orientation program for new students. At IntroDUCKtion, you’ll become acquainted with the UO campus and have opportunities to discuss university life with current students, as well as faculty and staff members. You'll meet with an academic advisor, learn about academic requirements, course offerings, and academic support services, and register for classes. You'll leave IntroDUCKtion fully prepared to be an Oregon Duck.
What to Bring
- Your printed Degree Audit Report (available on DuckWeb)
- Transfer Evaluation Report (available on DuckWeb)
- Transcripts of any college work completed since UO admission or that does not appear on your Transfer Evaluation Report
- Copy of Advanced Placement Scores, if applicable
- Your DuckWeb login information
- Rain gear and layers! Be prepared for any kind of weather
- A water bottle
- Your parking pass and confirmation letter
- A small backpack or bag for papers and other items gathered throughout the day
Parking is available for students participating in our IntroDUCKtion program but requires a parking pass. Parking passes will be mailed prior to your IntroDUCKtion session. Please be sure to bring this and your confirmation letter with you. You may park in lots 46, 52, 53, 54, 56, 59, and 99 (Columbia Garage) indicated on this parking map.