Please wait to make travel arrangements until you have received your confirmation email after registering for orientation on DuckWeb. Unfortunately, we are unable to change your registration to accomodate previously made travel plans. For instance, we can not add you to a full session even if you’ve made flight reservations before attempting to register.
A parking permit and a printed parking map will be mailed along with your IntroDUCKtion confirmation letter. If you lose or misplace the permit we send, you can purchase a permit for $10.00 during IntroDUCKtion check-in. Parking passes are mailed to the physical address we have on file from your admissions application. Bring your parking pass as they can not be replaced. Participants should write-in the dates of their IntroDUCKtion session on the space provided on the parking permit. Please allow 15–20 minutes to walk from any of the available parking lots to the check-in area. You may park in lots 46, 52–54, 56, or 59 indicated on the printable parking map linked below. Do not park in Lot 99, the Columbia Garage. Please note, parking will be disrupted during special campus events held during the summer.
Students attending a two-day summer IntroDUCKtion session are required to stay overnight in an on-campus residence hall. The orientation fee includes costs associated with the overnight stay in the residence hall. On-campus housing is not offered during one-day sessions.
If students would like to arrive the night before the session begins, they may do so, but they will need to register for two nights during the IntroDUCKtion registration process. For early arrivals, housing check-in is from 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. the evening before the session begins. For one-night stays, housing check-in will begin at 7:30 a.m. on the first day of the session. All housing check-in will be at the Housing Service Center at the Living-Learning Center (LLC).
Students are assigned to their residence hall rooms when they check in. Students will room with another student of the same gender, unless they choose the gender-inclusive option; this can be selected when they arrive on campus. In order to accommodate all housing requests, we do not offer single rooms. Each room has two twin-sized beds, desks with chairs, and closets. We do not offer air conditioned rooms, but summer nights in Eugene are typically comfortable. Each floor has shared community restrooms and showers. Bed linens and towels are provided, and beds are made on arrival. Parents and family members are not permitted to stay in the residence halls; we encourage you to check out our hotel partners. If you have an accessibility need, please let us know at 541-346-1167.
Parents and family members are invited to stay with our hotel partners:
- Our preferred hotel partner, Valley River Inn:
- 1000 Valley River Way
- Discount code: DUCKS
- Other recommended Eugene hotels:
For other lodging options, call Travel Lane County at 800-547-5445.
- Day 1 breakfast consists of a light continental breakfast, coffee, and tea provided to students and guests at the opening session. Gluten-free options are available. This meal is included in the orientation fee.
- Day 1 lunch consists of sandwiches, pasta, chips, and cookies provided with a meal ticket, which is given to students and guests at check-in that morning. Additional lunch tickets may be purchased on-site for $10. Gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options are available. This meal is included in the orientation fee.
- Day 1 dinner is in Carson Dining and is all-you-care-to-eat. Participants are invited to dinner in rotations based on the student's Flock number. This meal is included in the orientation fee.
- After dinner parents and guests are invited to a no-host social in the Erb Memorial Union at the Falling Sky Pizzeria & Public House. No formal programming is scheduled. This is an opportunity for parents and guests to connect with one another. Students will receive a late-night snack at Rec Nights which is included in the orientation fee.
- Day 2 breakfast consists of a light continental breakfast, coffee, and tea provided to students at 8:30 at the opening session in the Rec Center, and to parents at 9:00 in their opening meeting. This meal is included in the orientation fee.
- Day 2 lunch is on your own. We invite you to explore Carson Dining or one of our EMU food vendors.
- Breakfast consists of a light continental breakfast, coffee, and tea provided to students and guests at the opening session. Gluten-free options are available. This meal is included in the orientation fee.
- Lunch is on your own. We invite you to explore Carson Dining, an all-you-care-to-eat venue, or one of our EMU food vendors.
The Eugene Airport, conveniently located approximately ten miles from downtown and campus, is serviced by Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American Airlines, Delta, United Airlines, and flights connecting from any number of major airlines. Some visitors choose to fly into Portland and drive two hours south to Eugene. For Eugene Airport information, call (541) 682-5544 or visit the Eugene Airport online. Additionally, check out Eugene Airport's ground travel suggestions to get to campus once you've arrived in Eugene. There are suggestions for taxis, shuttles, and rental cars.
Flying into Portland International Airport? City2City Shuttle Service (shuttle to major cities to and from Portland International Airport) and Portland International Airport's car rental information website are great resources.
Train, Bus, or Shuttle
- Amtrak: 800-872-7245
- Greyhound-Trailways, Eugene: 541-344-6265
- Lane Transit District (Eugene's bus system): 541-687-5555
- City2City Shuttle Service: (shuttle to major cities to and from Portland International Airport): (541) 758-8001
- From the Eugene Airport: Follow Highway 99 until it becomes Seventh Avenue. Get in the right lane and follow Seventh Avenue until it becomes Franklin Boulevard. Get in the right lane and follow Franklin Boulevard to Agate Street. Turn right onto Agate Street.
- From Portland and north: From Interstate 5 South, take Exit 194B. Take Exit 2, keep left, and follow the signs to the UO. Proceed in the left lane over the Ferry Street Bridge, exiting onto Broadway, which becomes Franklin Boulevard. Follow Franklin Boulevard to Agate Street. Turn right onto Agate Street.
- From Ashland and south: From Interstate 5 North, take Exit 191. Turn right onto Glenwood Boulevard, then turn left onto Franklin Boulevard. Stay in the left lane and follow Franklin Boulevard through three lights. Look for a "UO Next Left" sign as you drive west on Franklin Boulevard. At the fourth light, turn left onto East 13th Avenue.
- From the Oregon coast: Take Highway 126 East until it becomes West Eleventh Avenue. Follow West Eleventh Avenue to Garfield Street and turn left. Take Garfield to 7th Avenue and turn right. Get in the right lane and follow 7th Avenue until it becomes Franklin Boulevard. Turn right onto Agate Street.