We offer Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion sessions for students whose first term will be winter, spring, or summer. Additionally, we offer a session during the spring for transfer students entering in the fall. Freshman students admitted for the fall term must attend one of the summer IntroDUCKtion sessions.
Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion sessions for the 2016–17 school year will be offered on the following dates:
- Summer Admits (and transfer students admitted for fall term): Friday, June 9, 2017
- Registration is open as of April 2, 2017.
- Check-in for the June 9 session will be at the EMU Ballroom Lobby beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- The opening session will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- The session will end at 4:00 p.m. Students should not expect to leave before 4:00 p.m.
To register for a Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion session, visit DuckWeb and log in. DuckWeb is the same online system you used to apply to the UO. Once you have logged in, click on the Admissions Menu and select “Register for Orientation.” You will be guided through the registration process. If you need help, view a step-by-step tutorial.
If the credits you are transferring do not reflect your skill in math or a second language, you may need to take a placement test. Talk to your academic advisor about this during your advising appointment. All freshmen are expected to take the math placement test online prior to orientation. Learn more about placement tests.
What to Expect
IntroDUCKtion is the University of Oregon's orientation program for new students. At IntroDUCKtion, you’ll become acquainted with the UO campus and have opportunities to discuss university life with current students, as well as faculty and staff members. You'll meet with an academic advisor, learn about academic requirements, course offerings, and academic support services, and register for classes. You'll leave IntroDUCKtion fully prepared to be an Oregon Duck.
What to Bring
- Your printed Degree Audit Report (available on DuckWeb)
- Transfer Evaluation Report (available on DuckWeb)
- Transcripts of any college work completed since UO admission or that does not appear on your Transfer Evaluation Report
- Copy of Advanced Placement Scores, if applicable
- Your DuckWeb login information
- Your parking pass
- Rain gear and layers! Be prepared for any kind of weather
- A water bottle
- A small backpack or bag for papers and other items gathered throughout the day
Parking is available for students participating in our IntroDUCKtion program but requires a parking pass. Parking passes are mailed to the physical address we have on file from your admissions application. Bring your parking pass as they can not be replaced. You may park in lots 34E or 52–54 indicated on this parking map.