O-Crew members execute the "first-impression" experience and the "look and feel" of IntroDUCKtion, in addition to supporting Week of Welcome programming. This team will help run the behind-the-scenes logistics for student programming at IntroDUCKtion to ensure a smooth and special experience for all incoming students. Due to COVID-19, some responsibilities of this role may shift to support other initiatives for IntroDUCKtion and Week of Welcome that may arise during the summer.
Members of O-Crew assisting with all aspects of orientation events, including but not limited to:
- Opening sessions and participant arrival
- Virtual programing
- Hospitality and quality service
- Campus signage and wayfinding
- Initiatives that make the experience unique and special for incoming students
- Event preparation and inventory maintenance
- Set-up and tear-down of programming and events
- The application will be posted on Handshake and on the Orientation website by December 7, 2020.
- The application deadline will be January 18, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
- You will receive an email with notice of your application decision within two weeks of the deadline.
- Applicants who are cleared after the initial application will receive an individual interview. Decisions for the 2021 staff will be made by the end of spring term.
Qualified applicants are undergraduate students who are enrolled in a minimum of 8 academic credits, and are well-rounded individuals who can speak to their experiences in multiple areas of campus life. Strong candidates will typically:
- Have leadership skills and affinity for detail-orientated tasks.
- Have experience with customer service, event planning and related positions.
- Be confident in their abilities to effectively present the positive attributes of the University of Oregon.
O-Crew will be paid an hourly wage of $12.83 for both training and summer hours.
There is required training for O-Crew during the spring term prior to employment. Attendance is mandatory at these trainings.