Update your major.
Have you changed your mind about your major since you applied? When you sign up for IntroDUCKtion, we'll send an e-mail with the major we have on file for you. You'll have a chance to update it, if you'd like. (Your major determines how you will be advised during IntroDUCKtion, so it's important that it's up to date.)
Send your final transcripts.
Provide the Office of Admissions with an official final high school transcript that includes your graduation date. If we don't receive your transcript before classes start, we will place a hold on your course registration.
Download the "Be a Duck" app.
All the information on this website – and more – is available in the Be a Duck app. Download it to access a full session schedule, an interactive campus map, important campus contacts, and more. Just search "Be a Duck" in the app store on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
Complete the Social and Academic Life survey.
All new students are expected to complete this survey about social and academic life at the UO. Your thoughts will be used to help improve this transition for future students. We will send the invitation to your @uoregon.edu e-mail address about two weeks before your IntroDUCKtion session. This task should take no longer than 30 minutes.
Read over the FAQ page.
Still have questions about IntroDUCKtion? This page will help tremendously. Don't have any questions? Check the page out anyway - it's full of useful information helpful tips for making your trip to campus the most successful.
- Your confirmation letter and parking pass. If you haven’t received a confirmation letter and parking pass in the mail within ten business days, please give us a call.
- Your health insurance card.
- Copies of your Advanced Placement scores, if available. These will help your academic advisor in case the university hasn’t received your scores yet.
- Your UO transfer evaluation report if you have college credit from a previous institution.
- A water bottle because, yes, it gets hot in the summer, and disposable plastic water bottles are the enemy.
- Comfortable clothes for a variety of weather. It might rain, it might shine.
- For two-day sessions, don't forget toiletries and personal essentials. We’ll provide blankets, pillows and towels.
- If you're attending a two-day session, bring workout clothes for games & activities. You'll have an opportunity to enjoy our Student Recreation Center facilities.
- Are you a runner? Don't forget your running shoes! During IntroDUCKtion you can take a running tour with our Ambassadors. It's a one-of-a-kind Oregon experience.
- Spending money. You’ll be on your own for lunch on the second day of two-day sessions.
- Your questions. IntroDUCKtion is an opportunity to learn about your university from the people who know it best - professional staff, professors, and current students. Be ready to ask anything and everything. Be ready for honest answers.