IntroDUCKtion is the University of Oregon's orientation program for new students. At IntroDUCKtion, you’ll become acquainted with the UO campus and have opportunities to discuss university life with current students as well as faculty and staff members.
At IntroDUCKtion you will do the following:
- Learn about academic requirements, course offerings, and academic support services
- Meet with an academic advisor to plan your class schedule and get your questions answered.
- Register for your classes
- Learn about the many academic and cocurricular opportunities that make getting involved on campus both easy and fun
You'll leave IntroDUCKtion with a full schedule for your first term at the UO. When you return to campus, you’ll be fully prepared to be an Oregon Duck.
Types of Sessions
All entering students who live in the continental United States are expected to attend IntroDUCKtion. Three types of IntroDUCKtion sessions are offered:
- IntroDUCKtion is a two-day session with a student program track and a concurrent parent and family track. Both tracks are tailored to address the specific needs of each group. Students will get the full UO experience at IntroDUCKtion, where they will stay on campus the night between the two days, as well as learn all about both academic requirements and student life. Click the link above to learn even more.
- IntroDUCKtion for Transfers is a one-day session for students who have completed more than 36 credits of course work at a U.S. college or university after graduating from high school or its equivalent. Click the link above to learn more.
- Transfer students may attend either a two-day or one-day IntroDUCKtion session but must attend fully whichever session is chosen.
- IntroDUCKtion Hawai’i is an evening followed by a one-day session for all freshman and transfer students who are residents of Hawai’i. Click the link above to learn more.
- Mid-Year IntroDUCKtion is a one-day session for all freshman and transfer students who will begin in the winter, spring, or summer term. Click the link above to learn more.