Hosting a table during the Flock Party is an excellent opportunity for your organization or business to meet and welcome new students to the University of Oregon and the Eugene area. When new students arrive to campus they will establish new routines. This event is open to all UO students but is primarily attend by the 5000+ incoming first year students. It is a great way for your organization to connect with new students, meet other organizations and kick off the school year!
Student Orientation Programs and the Center for Student Involvement offer one tabling opportunity during Week of Welcome at the Flock Party. Availability is limited, and spots fill fast.
UO Departments and Affiliates are invited to participate in The Flock Party Activities Fair on Saturday, September 28, 2018, 4:30-7:00 p.m. as a part of Week of Welcome events. This event is open to all UO students but is primarily attend by the 5,000+ incoming first year students. It is a great way for your organization to connect with new students, meet other organizations and kick off the school year!
All Week of Welcome participants must read and agree to the following expectations:
- Encourage belonging at the University of Oregon.
- Encourage healthy choices as defined by values from the Office of the Dean of Students, the Health Center, Physical Education and Recreation, and University Counseling and Testing Center.
- Include all communities, abilities, and identities.
- Demonstrate a positive contribution to the student experience
Event Timeline, Saturday, September 28
- 3:30 p.m. – Setup begins
- 4:30 p.m. – Activities Fair officially begins, and all tables must be set up
- 7:00 p.m. – Activities Fair ends
- 7:30 p.m. – Exhibiting space must be clear of all materials
Each Student Organization will have one (1) 6 ft table and two (2) chairs. No canopies are allowed. Special set-up requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis, be as specific as possible when filling out that section of the application. The entire activities fair is outside. If there is inclement weather, we will move the activities fair inside the building.
Location and Power
The location of Info Fairs during IntroDUCKtion and Week of Welcome will be outside on the EMU Green. Consequently, electrical power will not be available. Information about parking will be sent with the table confirmation.
Activities Fair Requirements
- There must be at least one representative present at the table at all times. Please remain within two feet of your assigned table during the Activities Fair (i.e. between the hours of 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m)
- Organizations may use the immediate space around them but may not block walkways, access to other tables or impede participants ability to move through the event.
- Distributing materials (leaflets, flyers, giveaways, etc.) beyond your table at the Activities Fair is prohibited.
- Switching tables with other participants is not allowed.
- Organizations are highly encouraged to have an activity at your table. Successful activities include ball toss, giveaways, trivia questions, craft projects, raffles, contests, etc. This will help your organization attract students to your table.
- All materials must be removed from the table by 8:30 p.m. Please take your recycling and garbage with you.
- Prohibited activities or items: BBQ or other cooking at your table. Live animals at your table, as prizes, or as part of your activities (excluding service animals). Fires of any kind. Canopies or other structures. Any substances or items banned on campus. Any illegal substances.
- FOOD/DRINKS allowed: individual wrapped/packaged items such as chip snack bags, cans of soda, candy. All other Food/Drinks requires a catering waiver. Contact UO Catering to request a waiver https://catering.uoregon.edu/, email@example.com. Your org will be asked to produce a copy of the catering waiver if you have any non-packaged food/drinks at your table. Any organization who cannot produce a catering waiver will be asked to stop serving and remove all food/drinks immediately.
Deadline to apply is September 12, 8:00 AM. Filling out the application does not guarantee a table. Applications must be approved. Participants will be notified by September 14, 5:00 p.m.
If you have any questions please message firstname.lastname@example.org
Distribution of Materials
Departments and organizations are encouraged to distribute materials, information, and swag to students. We further encourage those materials to be environmentally sustainable. Specific materials prohibited from distribution include: alcohol or other drug paraphernalia (ex: bottle openers, cigar cutters, ash trays), non-reusable plastic water bottles, potentially allergenic sprays or fragrances, and food not individually wrapped.
If your business is external to the University of Oregon, representatives will not be able to solicit information from the participants without approval of staff from Student Orientation Programs or the Center for Student Involvement.
No product sales or exchange of money should occur during the Activities Fair.